Legal Research Firm Website Redesign
National Legal Research Group
The mission of the National Legal Research Group (NLRG) is providing solo practitioners, small law firms, and corporate counsel with trial and appellate briefs, memoranda, motions, pleadings, and multi-state surveys - the same specialized legal research firepower enjoyed by large firms, at an affordable price, on an "as needed" basis. NLRG has 40 full time attorneys, all outstanding graduates of top US law schools, are specialized by area of law, ensuring competence and expertise, who averages 20+ years of experience with NLRG and has served more than 40,000 attorneys nationwide, on over 160,000 cases.
To redesign the NLRG website on the HubSpot CMS with the goals to:
- To build credibility and position NLRG as established, trusted experts in the legal research field
- To feature to their various free resources (whitepapers, work samples, articles and newsletters)
- To increase sales of paid whitepapers
- To provide easy access to submit an on-line case and request assistance
Inbound Marketing Goals
- lead generation and tracking
- draw new visitors to their site converting into customers
- creating a bigger and broader presense on the internet
Starting with the Home Page
The home page of the old site was not inviting and provided little information to the user as to who NLRG was and how valuable their information is. The navigation was confusing and basically just didn’t look like a home page.
A completely fresh, redesigned home page with easy-to-use navigation showcases their business, their physical site, featured attorneys in the slider, and new calls to action to provide new leads as well as drive users to their free resources.
Recommendations and site enhancements:
- Updated bios for each attorney, allowing to better showcase, and having standard information for each. Also, new professional photographs were taken for the attorneys (in contrast with the previous site’s small, black & white thumbnail photos) to enhance NLRG’s credibility.
Each bio page was set up with a contact form directed to each attorney individually, allowing NLRG to accumulate lead information from potential clients. In addition each bio provides a writing sample and lists several testimonials allowing the user a ‘one-stop-shop’ of information right on the same page.
- We recreated all documents, newsletters, and whitepapers to incorporate the NLRG logo and create uniformity among all the information. With a little extra elbow grease, the result was a professional looking set of documents for users to download.
- The old site had legal content and resources scattered all over. To solve this issue, we created a resource center, so the user had one place to go and could find everything. In addition, each was set up with a landing page to allow for tracking within HubSpot of these resources. These included:
- Complimentary Newsletters
- Free Whitepapers – from all business units
- Papers for Purchase
- Books by NLRG attorneys
- Legal Research Samples
- A new, updated E-store was recommended for selling NLRG’s whitepapers. They have less than ten papers for sale currently, however the store they were using was old-looking, still used their old logo, was not user-friendly, and did not allow for document downloading after purchase. A new ecommerce solution was set up, allowing the user to make the purchase right from the NLRG site and checkout within the site.
Once authorization is complete, the user receives a confirmation message of their purchase and immediately receives an email with the purchased whitepaper attached.
- Each of the ten business groups at NLRG has its own newsletter. They are all free to anyone on their email lists. Each of these newsletters has been incorporated into its own blog module. Users can now subscribe to the blog and / or receive the newsletter via email. A main blog landing page was created to show current articles and list from each of the blogs.
- The Lawletter is a major resource for NLRG’s clients. Their previous site had a functionality that allowed the user to search on a specific topic (e.g. divorce), and the search results would bring up any past issue having anything to do with the topic. This functionality was incorporated for the new site. In addition to the normal site search function, LytonWeb developed a custom Google search within the Lawletter blog module with a search results page that is much more user-friendly and easy to access.
There are contact forms throughout the site, for each division, each attorney, and resources. Within the first few hours of site launch, NLRG had already received its first lead.
Our firm utilized Lyntonweb for a complete website redesign recently. I can't say enough about the quality and professionalism of the folks we worked with, particularly Daniel Lynton and Jane Donoho. We utilized a Hubspot platform, which has been terrific. I was particularly grateful for the many suggestion, innovations, and additions to the site suggested by Jane over the course of the project.
Al Mirmelstein, Vice President, Marketing