Inbound marketers are a special bunch. We’re hard working, creative minded, data driven people who recognize the endless possibilities in Internet marketing. There’s no doubt we see the world a bit differently which means we also possess a few quirks. Not sure what I’m talking about? Well then, to help you out, allow me to share a few things you may want to consider.
You might be an inbound marketer if…
1. At the grocery store you refer to the free food samples as “top of the funnel content.”
2. You have a “Honk if you Love HubSpot 3” bumper sticker on the back of your Prius
3. Instead of sending out party invites you build a landing page, write a corresponding blog post, promote it on social media, and put out a press release
4. You snicker whenever you find a direct-mail piece in your mailbox
7. You refer to people by their Twitter handle because you can’t remember their first name
8. You keyword optimize all your emails before hitting send
9. You have a folder on your laptop full of marketing e-books you think are awesome but don’t have time to read
10. You come up with buyer personas as a form of recreation
11. You think of re-gifting presents as a form of repurposing content
12. You can recite the API key to your CMS without blinking, but still have to look up your social security number
13. You have two or more of the following blogs in your RSS feed: HubSpot, IMPACT, Copyblogger, Top Rank, Marketing Profs, SEOmoz, Content Marketing Institute, Social Media Examiner, Search Engine Land, or Social Fresh
14. You made a Spotify playlist inspired by the Inbound Conference
15. You consider pick-up lines a form of A/B testing and track which ones get better conversion rates
And finally, you might be an Inbound Marketer if…
16. You end all your conversations with a call to action.
Are there any other quirks you can think of that make inbound marketers unique? Add them in the comments below and share this post with your peers so we all can smile.