You’ve decided to start using SMS in your marketing strategy. Congratulations! You’ve just unlocked a world of high open, click, and response rates.
But there are a few things you need to know before you can enjoy more engaging marketing metrics, and it all revolves around the rules and regulations that govern SMS marketing. Or, in other words, SMS compliance. No need to stress, though! Our team has compiled what you need to know in an easy-to-read guide you can download here.
It’s important to note that we cannot provide legal advice, and our guide is merely a collection of laws and tips we can confidently write about. If you have any concerns or questions regarding anything outlined in our guide, please consider contacting legal counsel. With that said, take a look at some of the pieces we cover.
What’s in the SMS Compliance Guide?
- The definition of SMS compliance and its early beginnings
- The US Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 and its influence on text message laws
- Why SMS compliance matters and some well-known cases that highlight its importance
- Tips on staying compliant such as receiving expressed consent to text users, including opt-outs, and capping your texting frequency
- Different rules and restrictions by country, such as the United States, Canada, Brazil, the United Kingdom, Egypt, France, and more
What if I Still Have Compliance Concerns?
While we can offer some tips, if you have a persistent apprehension about your SMS compliance strategy, we recommend you seek legal counsel! They’ll be able to ensure you’re texting compliantly based on your region and business model.
What if I Want Help with SMS Campaign Ideas?
That is something we are 100% qualified to help with! If you’re excited to get up and running with SMS marketing after downloading our guide, feel free to browse the rest of our blog and resources for inspiration. You’ll find articles on campaign ideas by industry and other exciting SMS marketing facts and tidbits.
Want more personalized help? You can also reach out to speak with one of our SMS advisors as well.