You've probably heard someone in the marketing industry talk about event marketing and how it's a game-changer for businesses looking to engage with their audience more dynamically.
So, how do you put on a great event? Let's dig into the basics of crafting a killer event marketing strategy that'll have people signing up in droves.
Why is Event Marketing Important?
Picture this: You're at an event, surrounded by sights and sounds that cater exactly to your interests, making real-life connections that resonate on a personal level. That's the magic of event marketing — it creates an immersive experience that not only sticks with attendees long after it's over but also builds a community around your brand.
In a digital world where ads pop up and disappear in the blink of an eye, event marketing stands out by providing tangible, memorable experiences. It's not just about making a sale. It's about creating a narrative around your business that people want to participate in. That's the kind of marketing that can turn a one-time buyer into a lifelong customer. Event marketing can also help your business:
- Create Connections: Event marketing is vital to developing personal relationships with your customers, offering face-to-face interactions that can be more impactful than digital communications.
- Increase Awareness: It is a powerful method to enhance brand and product awareness, effectively bringing your story to life in front of an audience.
- Generate Leads: By planning and organizing events, you can generate leads and business opportunities through email marketing and other campaigns, tapping into new and existing customer bases.
- Target the Right Audience: It's a strategic way to ensure you're reaching and making an impression on the appropriate audience, which can improve client retention and attract potential customers.
- Build Up Your Build: Through unique experiences, event marketing helps establish a loyal customer base and differentiates a brand from its competitors.
- Drive Sales: Participating in events can significantly drive sales, as consumers are more likely to purchase after an event because of having a more personal connection to a brand after attending.
How to Approach Event Marketing
First things first, know your audience inside out. Your event should be as comfortable and inviting as their favorite coffee shop, tailored to their likes and needs. And, just like a coffee shop, you want your event to have its own unique flavor that leaves people coming back for more. So, be sure to research your buyer personas or ideal client profiles (ICPs) to understand what they like and respond to.
When planning your event, imagine you're telling a story. How will your event unfold from start to finish? From the initial invite to the follow-up after the event, every touchpoint is a chapter in your story. Make sure it's one that your attendees will want to tell their friends about by using a mixture of traditional and digital marketing strategies, including email marketing, promotional offers, tailored landing pages, personalization, and more.
Strategies to Help Your Event Marketing
As mentioned above, to elevate your event marketing, you'll want to mix a little old-school charm with cutting-edge trends. Social media can be a megaphone, so create a catchy hashtag and use it to amplify everything about your event. Also, think about user-generated content and the impact word-of-mouth has on others. Encourage attendees to post and share their experiences.
And don't forget the power of partnerships. Collaborate with influencers or other brands that align with your ethos to expand your reach. Also, remember that data is your friend — from email open rates to landing page bounce rates to the number of people who signed up and attended your event. Use this information to refine your approach, understand what works, and tailor your future events to be more engaging.
Here are some additional strategies to help excel at event marketing:
- Try Different Event Types: Explore various events such as conferences, tradeshows, seminars, pop-up shops, and launch parties, each catering to different audience engagement goals.
- Grow Your Email List: Use events to expand your email list, capturing the contact details of interested attendees for future communication.
- Fundraise: Host fundraisers and events that can drive sales and donations, like galas and phone-a-thons, to boost revenue and support causes.
- Strengthen Customer Relationships: Engage with customers personally through mixers, lectures, and giveaways, focusing on relationship building rather than immediate sales.
- Focus on Building Loyalty: Organize tastings, trials, or appreciation events to foster loyalty and give a sense of involvement in your brand's journey.
- Highlight Product Launches and Milestones: Celebrate new launches or milestones with parties and branded giveaways to engage and excite your audience.
- Consider Family-Friendly Activities: Consider events like movie nights that cater to families and create a community around your brand, appealing to more people.
- Educate Your Audience: Provide workshops, seminars, or webinars to educate your audience, enhancing brand credibility and attracting new clients.
How to Use HubSpot's Marketing Events Object to Kickstart Your Next Event
All these ideas are great, but you'll need the tech to plan and track your event effectively. Enter HubSpot.
HubSpot's Marketing Events Object is critical to your event-planning toolkit. It's designed to help you track and manage all the details of your events directly within HubSpot. No more juggling between different platforms; you've got everything you need in one place.
From RSVPs to engagement metrics, this tool helps you keep your finger on the pulse of your event. You can monitor which sessions are hot (and which are not) and adjust on the fly to keep the energy high. Plus, the integration with other HubSpot tools means you can seamlessly nurture leads from registration to post-event follow-up.
Learn more about this tool by reading "An Overview of Updates to HubSpot Marketing Events."
Event Marketing Website Themes to Help
Now that you have strategies and tools, you'll want your website to showcase your event. Brightlane+ by Lynton is an easy-to-use CMS Hub theme that makes your event look its best. Brighthtlane+ and its counterpart, Brightlane, are designed with events in mind, offering straightforward customization and design elements to make your brand pop.
The beauty of themes like Brightlane+ is that they give you a professional, cohesive look without the hassle of starting from scratch. They're built to impress, easy to navigate, and optimized for conversions. It's the perfect backdrop for your next online or in-person event.
Whether you're a seasoned pro or a newbie, the world of event marketing is an exciting space, and it's pretty easy to excel if you remember the essentials. For example, the key to a great event is creating an unforgettable experience that feels like it was catered to every person attending. Using the information outlined here will help you do just that!
Let's Craft Your Next Big Event
Ready to captivate your audience? Talk to us for a customized event marketing strategy.
By: Corie Stark
After spending many years as a sports journalist, Corie switched to marketing in 2013. Her love of writing, talking to people, and keeping up with the industry enables her to use her skills for anything from social media to long-form blogging. Outside of work, she enjoys hiking with her dogs and making her cats chase the ever elusive red dot.
You May Also Like