Whether or a newbie to marketing or a seasoned veteran, you’ve heard of a landing page. You’ve probably visited thousands and even created a few yourself. No matter where you are in your marketing career, it’s always good to take a step back and revisit core digital marketing elements – especially landing pages!
Keep reading for an overview of landing pages, what makes them successful, and some of our team’s favorite ones we saw in 2020.
What is a Landing Page?
A landing page is a stand-alone web page designed to accomplish a specific goal, like registering for a webinar, signing up for a newsletter list, or scheduling a demo. They summarize the product, service, or piece of content and end with a trackable CTA or form.
What Do Successful Landing Pages Have?
If your landing page gets someone to covert, then it’s safe to say yours was successful. How do you get a person to take any action on your landing page, though? Several vital features can help, such as:
- Strong active-voice headlines and subheadlines that aren’t too long
- Messaging that matches your intent (don’t be too generic either!)
- Highly specific CTAs like “download our guide” or “sign up for the webinar”
- Not too much text in the body (in general, a more minimalist style works well)
- Purposeful use of bullet points
- Social proof, reviews, or testimonials, if possible and relevant
- Good use of colors (not too many, nothing too bright, colors that are easy to read)
- An overall adherence to ADA compliance (this matters for all your webpages!)
- High-quality images
- Simple forms (don’t overload them with fields and required sections)
- Optimized for mobile
- The most critical information being above the fold, or what your user can see before scrolling
- No distracting navigation that can move your visitor away from your page and away from your intended action
- Fast-loading content
Once you’re ready to start creating your landing page, consider promoting it to maximize conversions. You can easily use social media, Google AdWords, email campaigns, and PPC (depending on the offer!) After that, it’s recommended to track the number of views, number of conversions, and conversation rate to determine your page’s success.
Examples of Great Landing Pages
Now that you know the basics of a landing page, you may want some inspiration before you start building one out. Here are some that incorporated some of the strategies mentioned above. They also just caught our eyes:
- HootSuite - Sign Up
- Wix - Start Now
- Content Marketing Association - On-Demand Webinar
- Classy -Resources
Get Started on Your Landing Page Today
Suddenly feeling motivated to get cracking on your next landing page? Read more about how to make sure they convert or reach out to speak with one of our marketing experts today.