In the ever-evolving world of CRM, HubSpot has introduced a game-changer: custom cards. These cards allow businesses to display custom information from external systems or even provide extra functionality within HubSpot. Let's explore just how they can benefit your business.
Introduction to Custom Cards in HubSpot
In a recent video interview, Lynton’s Roman Kniahynyckyj sat down with Michelle Tabor, a solutions engineer from our team, to discuss the ins and outs of custom cards in HubSpot. With her expertise in translating business requirements into technical solutions, Michelle shed light on this tool’s potential.
What Are Custom Cards?
As Michelle explains, custom cards are essentially the cards you see in the middle pane and on the right sidebar when looking at a record view in HubSpot. While HubSpot offers native custom cards, the real magic happens when businesses customize these cards to display specific information or interactions right on the record.
When to Use Custom Cards
The primary purpose of custom cards is to display information from an external system or to interact with another system without leaving the HubSpot screen, making custom cards versatile tools you can tailor to various business needs.
Here are some scenarios where they can be invaluable:
- E-commerce Businesses: Display customer purchase history or product recommendations directly on a contact record, allowing sales reps to have more personalized conversations with potential buyers.
- Event Planners: Integrate with external event management systems to show upcoming events, RSVP statuses, or even dietary preferences of attendees, ensuring every detail is at their fingertips.
- Healthcare Providers: For clinics or hospitals using HubSpot, custom cards can display patient appointment histories, medication lists, or referral details, streamlining patient management.
- Educational Institutions: Schools and universities can showcase student enrollment status, course registrations, or academic performance, aiding in administrative tasks and student counseling.
- Financial Services: Financial advisors can have a snapshot of a client's portfolio, recent transactions, or risk profiles, enabling more informed financial discussions.
The Power of Customization
The beauty of HubSpot's custom cards lies in their adaptability. They can be molded to fit the unique requirements of any business, ensuring that the CRM isn't just a passive database but an active tool that aids in decision-making and boosting user experience.
Michelle's examples during the interview highlight the breadth of customization possibilities:
- Real Estate Example: The integration with Google Maps API isn't just about displaying a location — it's about enriching the sales process. Imagine an agent discussing a property with a potential buyer. Instead of describing the property's features, the agent can highlight its proximity to essential amenities, schools, parks, or even entertainment hubs. This holistic view can significantly influence a buyer's decision.
- Manufacturer Example: The custom card can create tickets and streamline multiple processes into one seamless action. By integrating various HubSpot API endpoints, the card can simultaneously create a ticket, associate it with the right contact, and even update deal records. This not only saves time but also ensures data consistency and accuracy.
The potential of custom cards is only limited by imagination. Whether it's integrating with external databases, APIs, or even other tools within the HubSpot ecosystem, these cards can be the bridge that connects disparate data sources, providing a 360-degree view of any record.
Harness the Power of Custom Cards
Custom cards in HubSpot offer a world of possibilities. Whether you're looking to integrate external data or improve internal processes, these cards can be the key to unlocking greater efficiency and providing enhanced user experiences.
If you're considering customizing your CRM and need expert guidance, don't hesitate to reach out to Lynton for tailored solutions that can transform your business processes.
Learn More About Custom Cards
Watch the full video interview of Roman Kniahynyckyj and Michelle Tabor for a deep dive into customizing your CRM.