Creating successful web and digital marketing campaigns requires a clear understanding of performance, trends, and opportunities. As an Elite HubSpot Partner, we analyze, interpret, and provide actionable insights through digestible reporting to drive our clients' success.
Let’s explore our approach.
Our Role in Reporting and Our Monthly Scorecards
When it comes to HubSpot reporting, our responsibilities are vast and varied. We're not just looking at a customer's numbers. We're interpreting them, finding the story they tell, and figuring out how to write the next chapter by digging into different metrics.
It's important to note that when a new client comes on board, we don't just start from scratch. We begin by examining their historical data to create a benchmark as we build out their scorecard, which we report on frequently, sharing insights with our point of contact directly via email and meetings.
What is a Scorecard?
Our scorecard is a monthly collection of KPIs, metrics, and other insights collected in an easy-to-read and understandable format. It's the foundation of all our data-driven decision-making. We view them not just as a document but as "a pulse check" — a method to quickly assess how things are performing and identify potential red flags before they get out of control. Essentially, it's how we ensure everything that a client wants to measure is on track.
Examples of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Metrics We Track
Our scorecards and reports are filled with various metrics, each important to the overall bigger picture of a client's web and marketing efforts. Each scorecard will ultimately be unique to the client, but there are several standard things we like to look at:
- Website Traffic: We look at overall visits, unique visitors, and the behavior of visitors on the site. Which pages are performing well? Where are visitors dropping off? Understanding website traffic helps us optimize for better user experience and conversion.
- Lead Generation: How many leads are we generating? Are they SQLs or MQLs? Where are they coming from? Where do they convert? We dive into the sources of your leads, the effectiveness of your landing pages, and the conversion paths visitors are taking.
- Customer Acquisitions: Beyond leads, we want to understand how many of these leads are turning into customers. What's the acquisition cost, and what channels or forms are most effective in driving conversions?
- Sales Metrics: We can closely monitor the sales funnel, from lead to customer. We look at metrics such as lead-to-customer conversion rate, sales cycle length, calls scheduled, and deal size to ensure that the sales process is efficient and effective.
- Email Marketing: Open rates, click-through rates, and conversion rates are just the tip of the iceberg. We analyze the performance of each email campaign to understand what resonates with your audience and drives action.
- Social Media Performance: How is your brand performing on social media? We track engagement, reach, and conversion from social channels to make sure your social media strategy aligns with your overall marketing goals.
- Content Marketing Performance: From blog posts to ebooks, we analyze the performance of your content marketing efforts. Which pieces are driving traffic, generating leads, and establishing your brand as a thought leader in your industry?
Going Deeper with Quarterly Deep Dives
While our scorecards provide a monthly overview, we also conduct quarterly reviews to analyze performance over extended periods. Here, we go beyond the basic metrics, analyzing trends, understanding shifts in performance, and identifying strategic opportunities for optimization and growth. During these quarterly deep dives, we look at the more significant findings and questions and provide actionable insights.
As we wrap up each year, we will also conduct a holistic review of our clients' performance. We compare year-over-year data, identify long-term trends, and use this information to strategize for the upcoming year. This annual overview is a crucial part of setting the stage for continued growth and success and is the reason we like to start each new engagement by digging deep into historical data.
A Real-Life Scenario: Email Nurturing and Lifecycle Stages
In a recent quarterly deep dive, we scrutinized specific email nurtures and lifecycle stages for one of our clients. The data showed a substantial number of leads, but very few were moving through to the following lifecycle stages. This raised questions: Were we attracting the wrong audience, or were our nurturing efforts not effectively moving them through the funnel? It was a clear example of how our reporting drives us to ask critical questions and seek solutions. Fortunately, we could take these findings and make adjustments that helped our client realize better success.
Creating Custom Reporting and More
Every client is unique, and so is our approach to reporting. We tailor each scorecard, report, and analysis to the specific needs and goals of the client. Whether it's tracking additional metrics for paid ads, monitoring the performance of quizzes and assessments, or providing in-depth analysis on content marketing efforts, we ensure that our reporting is as unique as our clients. If clients manage their blogs or emails, we're happy to analyze those metrics and provide recommendations, as well.
To do this, sometimes we go beyond our scorecards, utilizing HubSpot dashboards and custom reports to answer specific questions and provide deeper insights. We'll do anything from creating dashboards for clients to monitor their performance to conducting in-depth analysis for strategic planning. We don't limit ourselves to out-of-the-box dashboards or reports in HubSpot, either. We'll create attribution reports, look at custom objects, or even step outside of HubSpot and build a report using another resource that's more in-depth than our typical scorecard. Whatever is needed, we look for the proper solution and offer the same cadence of reporting and recommendations as if it were a standard scorecard.
Read More: 3 Pro Tips for Custom HubSpot Reporting
Choosing the Right Partner for Reporting
Choosing the right HubSpot partner to help with your projects and reporting can be a daunting task, but it doesn't need to be. Look for a partner that takes a strategic approach, one that doesn’t just hand over reports but actively provides recommendations and strategies to elevate your web and marketing game.
For example, an Elite HubSpot Partner like us is not just an order taker. Our relationship with our clients is a partnership. In this mutual decision-making process, we consistently bring ideas to the table, collaborate, and agree on the strategic direction for the future. We don't wait for a problem to arise to fix it — we constantly seek ways to optimize. We thrive on working together, using the insights gained from our reporting to drive success that is repeatable and scalable.
Get Help With Reporting
Reporting is a comprehensive and strategic process, and we dive deep into the data, providing our clients with not just numbers but insights and strategies for growth. Our approach is tailored, our analysis is thorough, and our commitment to our clients' success is unwavering. Through our detailed reporting and strategic insights, we empower our clients to make informed decisions, optimize their marketing efforts, and drive tangible results.
If you're ready to see results in your next project, reach out to discuss how we can partner up!
Ready to Elevate Your Marketing Strategy?
Partner with our team for tailored reporting and unmatched insights
By: Corie Stark
After spending many years as a sports journalist, Corie switched to marketing in 2013. Her love of writing, talking to people, and keeping up with the industry enables her to use her skills for anything from social media to long-form blogging. Outside of work, she enjoys hiking with her dogs and making her cats chase the ever elusive red dot.
You May Also Like