Sunday Inbound Marketing Highlights - Oculus, Fetch & Twitter Suicide

 inboundmarketingHighlights_spring_(2)

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday inbound marketing nation! Welcome to Sunday's Inbound Marketing Highlights with Mike and Roman. Spring has sprung - for the most part. My apologies to those of you who still might be cold and snowy. Summer will be here before we know it (I hope).

Our budding articles this week: 

  1. Why Facebook bought Oculus Rift and why marketers should care
  2. Mobile ad outfit Fetch is staring down its first $100 million year
  3. The Science of Great Digital Content Ideas
  4. LinkedIn Adds Trending Content List And A Score For Companies’ Content Marketing Efforts
  5. Twitter Is Killing Itself In Order To Grow And Please Wall Street

Why Facebook bought Oculus Rift and why marketers should care - MarketingWeek

40% of Internet time is spent on social networking, 40% is spent on playing games. Zuck wants to control 80% of the Interent. I am guessing the other 20% is split between the NSA tracking everyone and porn viewers. Back to Zuck - he's trying to buy the future but at least he has the data (and cash) to support his purchasing. 

Mobile ad outfit Fetch is staring down its first $100 million year - VentureBeat

If you want to see where online advertising is headed, follow the money trail. Better yet, follow mobile ad agency Fetch. 

The Science of Great Digital Content Ideas - Moz

She blinded me with science! This post is truly like a Sunday buffet. It will feed you over and over again with content generation information. Too many tools and ideas to mention here - just go take a look for yourself. You can thank us later. 

LinkedIn Adds Trending Content List And A Score For Companies’ Content Marketing Efforts - TechCrunch

More content and more customer engagement for companies on LinkedIn equals more traffic and ad revenue for LinkedIn. A mutually beneficial relationship. 

Twitter Is Killing Itself In Order To Grow And Please Wall Street - Forbes

Trying to please the wolves of Wall Street is never a winning proposition. Hopefully Twitter will remain true to itself instead of becoming a Facebook clone. 

That does it for this week's Inbound roundup! See you next week, same time same Lynton Corral. April is arriving this week! 

54 Brilliant Homepage Designs

You Might Also Like