For Classy and HubSpot Marketing Hub users, there may come a time when you wonder if you can unlock the true value of your data by combining your two systems. It’s a big undertaking, but can be incredibly valuable to your sales and marketing teams. If you’re on the fence about integrating your CRM with HubSpot – or if you’re not sure what any of it means – we can help.
Keep reading for a more in-depth look at what it means to integrate Classy with HubSpot Marketing Hub.
What is a Classy HubSpot Integration?
For a quick refresher, Classy is an online fundraising system that nonprofit organizations use to collect donations and donor information. HubSpot is an inbound marketing automation software that makes creating and managing marketing and other campaigns hassle-free. A Classy HubSpot integration brings these two robust systems together in a way that lets nonprofits become real changemakers in the world.
How Does it Work?
You may be wondering how an integration can help nonprofits make an impact in the world. To understand that portion, you must first understand how the actual integration operates. A Classy HubSpot integration is a bi-directional cloud-based integration solution. This integration specifically syncs Classy members, supporters, transactions, and recurring donation plans to related fields in HubSpot. It also syncs recently updated HubSpot contacts to existing Classy donations.
In more layman’s terms, this means that when someone becomes a donor in Classy, their HubSpot record is either created or updated to reflect this. If fields in HubSpot are updated, those fields are synced back to Classy. Similarly, this includes syncing Classy donations and recurring donation plans to HubSpot deals and vice versa.
Ultimately, the purpose of the integration is to keep the systems fully aligned. In other words, changes that happen in one will happen in the other.
Here is a more technical look at what can sync back and forth:
- Classy Supporters to HubSpot Contacts
- Classy Transactions to HubSpot Deals
- Classy Recurring Donation Plans to HubSpot Deals
- HubSpot Contacts to Classy Supporters
- HubSpot Deals to Classy: Transactions
- HubSpot Deals to Classy: Recurring Donation Plans
How Does This Benefit Nonprofits?
Now, let’s dive deeper into how a Classy HubSpot integration benefits nonprofits – helping them to become change makers. Combining the vital information in your Classy system with the power of HubSpot’s marketing automation system can:
- Create sales and marketing alignment. Sales teams spend most of their time in CRM systems, while HubSpot marketers use the platform daily. When changes are immediately syncing back and forth, both teams will have better insight into what the other is doing. This increases communication and understanding of what’s happening.
- Keep your data clean and safe. With every integration project, you’ll need to select a system of record. Doing this ensures none of your future data is duplicated or eroded.
- Launch fundraising campaigns from HubSpot. Classy only holds information about your donors and their donations. HubSpot gives you the power to market to them. With this integration, you can start and track integral fundraising lead nurtures directly from HubSpot – with all the correct information built in.
- Personalize your campaigns. Building on the last point, with a Classy HubSpot integration, you can send better, more personalized marketing campaigns. For example, with your donor information from Classy and the personalization tokens from HubSpot, you can email well-timed follow-up donation requests that include a person’s first name.
- Segment your lists. A Classy HubSpot integration provides all the information you need to segment your lists (i.e., first-time donors, repeat donors, haven’t donated yet) so you can better target your donors.
- Use closed-loop reporting. Closed-loop reporting allows you to thoroughly analyze all your campaigns from straight to finish and make improvements. Likewise, with HubSpot’s data add-on, you can mash up the data and analyze it however you like. Your reporting will be fuller and more personalized than ever before.
What Else Do I Need to Know?
This overview outlines a typical, out-of-the-box integration. Something like this takes anywhere from 30 – 60 days. If you have a more customized Classy system, you can still embark on a Classy HubSpot integration. However, this may take up to 90 days, depending on your needs. No matter your situation, if you feel a Classy HubSpot integration will benefit you, we can get it done.
Hopefully, we covered what you wanted to know about combining Classy and HubSpot. If you have additional questions or want more information on how to begin an integration project, contact us today!