Are your accounting and sales departments not on the same page? Is it hindering your ability to get a full financial picture of business operations? Even worse – is it making it difficult to close more deals faster? With HubSpot’s new accounting extension API and software integrations, you can connect your front and back-office data by syncing your chosen accounting software to HubSpot.
Just announced a few weeks ago at INBOUND, these updates are sure to make an impact – particularly on NetSuite, Quickbooks Online, Xero, and Nubox users. Here’s what you need to know about this announcement.
The Accounting API
When your two systems aren’t connected, not only do your internal teams’ suffer from a lack of clearer data, but your customers do, too. By not having front office customer data from a CRM linked with their accounting information, their experience is disparate – and generally, not good.
Using the accounting extension API, you can access the right data and perform the right tasks to connect your teams and grow your business. Enjoy out-of-the-box functionality, including the ability to:
- Create an invoice from a quote or a deal in HubSpot, and send that info to the connected accounting system
- The data included: contact and product matching, line item editing, description, unit price, discounting.
- See select invoice data in HubSpot
- Associate existing invoices with a HubSpot contact, company, or deal
- Associate tax codes to products
- Sync multiple currencies
- Sync contacts into HubSpot from your accounting system
- The information that will automatically update includes email, fax number, first name, last name, mobile phone number, and phone number. All these items are crucial for appropriate customer interactions – and your sales team needs it!
- Use the new invoice deal property to trigger workflows, build lists, or create reports, such as a friendly reminder for someone to pay an invoice. You can also use the accounting data to build reports in HubSpot to see where income is coming from, who’s bringing it in, and how it impacts the business’s bottom line. Data you can tap into for reporting, lists, and workflows include invoice amount billed, recipient, number, status, and due date.
Accounting Software Integrations
If you don’t want to use the accounting extension API, you can tap into one of HubSpot’s pre-built accounting software integrations. You’ll enjoy the same functionality, but with some added features based on your software:
- QuickBooks Online: This app integration has all the same features as the above-listed API. It is now live.
- NetSuite: Currently in public beta, this integration includes the ability to sync NetSuite contacts into HubSpot and add existing NetSuite invoices into HubSpot. You can go a step further and also download the SyncSmart HubSpot NetSuite integration for additional capabilities.
- Xero: This app, built by Xero, lets users create Xero invoices within HubSpot and send contacts from Xero to HubSpot.
- Nubox: This app, built by Nubox, lets you add existing Nubox invoices into HubSpot.
Connect Your Systems Today
Using either the API or any of the four software integrations, you can tie your financial information back into your sales efforts and benefit from deals closed quicker and more efficiently. You can get started today by heading to the HubSpot App Marketplace and searching for your preferred integration option. Or, if you’re a NetSuite user, you may consider a deeper integration available from SyncSmart. No matter your choice, if you need help navigating any part, we’re here to help!